Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Accountability

Accountability: (according to dictionary.reference.com)
.1
the state of being accountable, liable, or answerable.
2.
Education . a policy of holding schools and teachers accountable for students' academic progress by linking such progress with funding for salaries, maintenance, etc.
 
 
Who are we accountable to?
I'm accountable to God, my daughter, my husband, my friends, school teachers, family members and my boss (let's call her IceQueen).

What are we accountable for?
I'm accountable for my actions, my words, my reactions, my temper, my attitude, my output at work and my lack of output.

Why, you ask, am I writing about accountability?
I was sent an interesting e-mail by IceQueen today about time accounting.  She wants to know what I am doing for "chunks" of time and for whom I am doing it.  Do you suppose answering that 90% of what I do during the day is in some way for my daughter?  I don't think she will realize that I am #1 not kidding and #2 not going to change my reasoning for what I do and when I do it.  Yes the time sensitivity of IceQueen's stuff is taken into consideration, but if Hubby calls or MissDee calls, I'm gone, no thought to it.  Guess that's why I'm where I am in life and not wearing the HUGE crown of the IceQueen.

So, after considering all the accountable things I have done today at work, I think her real question is: "How much have you done that I can bill for?"  After all, it always comes down to the money.

No comments:

Post a Comment