Friday, June 29, 2012

1st Class Done!

So my June class is officially over!  We turned in our final projects on Wednesday and Mallams said she would have our final grades by Monday....so I wait.

Wednesday we had the discussion I was kinda dreading...vaxcinenes.
As a former school teacher, Mallams has seen a lot and I respect her opinions on a lot of things....vaxs not so much.  It is her beleif that all people should be vaxinated and the religious exemption should not exist.  I stayed after class to discuss my opinion and see if she was just generalizing.....well, she wasn't.  She listened to my opinion, but did not budge in hers...oh well.

My opinion is this:
People should be educated before making a decision...any decision. 

Having yourself of your child vaxcinated is a decision that should not be taken lightly and just going with the norm is not an excuse for poor behavior.  I understand that many people, even most people should be vaxcinated...they are in contact with unhealthy people, they have unhealthy lifestyles, they travel worldly, they have compromised immune systems, they eat like crap.....the list goes on, but those are the most obvious to me. 

My husband and I have weighed the pro's and con's of this decision, done extensive research, talked with an abundant amount of health care professionals and holistic practicing people and have made the decision that is best for my family....no vax.  It's right for us.

A friend of mine (let's call her SillyHair) works for a public health organization.  She has a 2 year old son (SillyMan).  SillyHair made the decision that is best for her family and follows the recommended vax schedule.  It works for her.

My MIL choose to delay vax for hubby and her 2 other sons.  It worked for them.

If you want to have this discussion and don't know where to start, here is a link to one of my favorite blogs.  www.brookie-lee.com  Brookie-lee is a WONDERFUL source of information.

At the end of my discussion with Mallams, she understood my decision and said that she respected me for doing the "foot work" and weighing the consequences for both options.

Anyway, time to get ready for 2 NEW classes starting Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment