Friday, August 19, 2011

User Error

Pumping today dozing off as usual and suddenly my pump STOPS.  No suction, no noise Stops.
I look at the silly machine I regularly beg to pull out a TON of milk and NOTHING is on the screen; no signs of life.  TERRIBLE.
What do I do?  I'm only 6 minutes into a 25 minute session.
              Option 1 => Hand expression.  I have never been very good at that.  Really frustrating.
              Option 2 => Buy a battery.  My pump takes  a huge silver batter that I have never seen before.
              Option 3 => Buy a hand pump.  The problems with this plan: #1, I already have one, #2, I don't have the money to go buy one, #3, the parts need to be sterilized (hard to do in an office that doesn't even have a sink)
              Option 4 => Try a random AC Adapter.  I highly dont' recommend this option, but it is what I chose and I worked!

Turns out my Medela Freestyle likes to be plugged in more often.  Lesson Learned!

Disaster averted.  Glad the AC Adapter in the office "Box of random parts with cords" worked and did not fry my pump (really don't have money to buy a new one of those).  Unfortunately however, it did freak out my boos and they didn't produce very much milk :(.  Pumping is 90% mental and my brain was somewhere else.

No comments:

Post a Comment