Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Supply Woes

I am hoping that by blogging my pumping experiences, I will be able to boost my supply.  You see, I have milk, but just barely enough.  I send 12 ounces to school with LO, but make 12 1/2 or less each day.  This is a very tight wire to walk.  Sure, I have some frozen milk.  BUT that is an emergency stash....which is dwindling.
What to do, What to do?
There are lots of options, many of which I have tried.  I regularly eat an entire bulb of fennel sauteed in olive oil then sprinkle it with dill, drink 3-5 cups of Mother's Milk Tea, take fenugreek capsules....etc., all with mixed results.
So I am at a LOW point in my supply right now and considering other homeopathic and natural options.  There is the medical option, I am VERY hesitant to add something synthetic to my diet knowing that some of it will go to my daughter.
Many of you will ask, why bother?  Why would you go through the trouble of worrying about this when there is formula (the most fabulous thing ever, right?)....a different soap box...for a different day.
So my current solution is to try a new golactogauge Ayurceutics Shatavari -- 60 Vegetarian Capsules , I'll let you know how it works.
The nursing roller coaster is a ride I choose because of my belief that breast milk is best.

No comments:

Post a Comment