Tuesday, October 4, 2011

The good & the bad

The good news has it ended!  The bad news is it will come again (in about 21 days).  TERRIBLE.  Every new mom dreads the day her cycle starts again….I’m just the same.  Here I am almost 2 years without and suddenly as if with vengeance, my body takes over and it sucks….

Moms who don’t breast feed typically have 2 months without a period.  Those of us who breastfeed exclusively have longer, those of us who breastfeed AND co-sleep are the luckiest!  377 days after Liath was born….I consider myself pretty darn lucky J

My mom and I had a co-sleeping discussion today.  She breastfed me for 8 weeks then went back to work.  She believes passionately that ALL children, nursing or not, should be sleeping on their own through the night by 6 months.  She is supportive of my decision, but thinks I made the wrong one….ask her, she will tell you just that.  I think she is wrong because the aggravation, time and tears spent trying to put LO to sleep in her own bed is a very ineffective use of my time….after all it takes like 2 hours with only 1 or 2 hours (if we were lucky) of sleep only to be interrupted by a terrible frightened scream that would tear everyone from sleep just to begin the process again.  By co-sleeping everyone sleeps through the night, LO nurses when she wants, AND I didn’t start my period for 377 days after delivery!

On another note, did you hear about the 10 month old baby abducted from her crib this morning?  She was put to sleep in her own room about 10:30 last night and was gone by 4:00 a.m. today.  This is not a good reason to co-sleep, but it just adds to my reasoning.  I feel so bad for that mom (especially if she is nursing….yowza).  Hopefully we will hear good news.

So to conclude…..I will start buying stock in Kotex again….it will eventually be all over, but for now I will deal.  Hope I didn’t share too much or gross anyone out….if anyone reads this.

No comments:

Post a Comment