Wednesday, September 14, 2011

A change in mindset

I woke up today with a flood of memories.  1 year ago LO was born!  HAPPY BIRTHDAY!  These memories made me sad...sad for all the moments in time I missed being a working mom, sad for the times she won't need me anymore because she is growing up, sad for the times when I could put her down in one spot, go to the bathroom and come back and she still be there....

I was discussing this feeling with a friend during my lunch pumping and decided I needed an "attitude change."  I have been able to change my way of thinking for a long time (very helpful when I am nervous...I tell myself that those are EXCITED butterflies.).  So I decided: I'm not sad for things past, I'm very excited for what is coming!

So today is a HAPPY DAY!

Thank you Sarah.

Here is a picture of LO Loving icing :)


"Icing" you question?????  Typically I'm not a advocate for youngsters eating this type of crap, but on a birthday, I guess it's ok.  I planned for the fall out of a lifetime.  I planned on puke, diarrhea and diaper rash, but was pleasantly surprised....she was fine!  The icing even came out of her pretty dress.

No comments:

Post a Comment