Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Zoo mommys!

My mom, we call her "Granny", LO and I went to the local zoo Sunday.  We only toured the Africa section, but that is quite the trek.  We saw nursing mommas of both the wild and tame varieties :)  Here are some pictures I took.


 LOOK the baby chimp is nursing!  He is almost 2 just like LO! :)  An ignorant man loudly announced "Goodness, how long do chimps nurse?"  I politely informed him "In the wild until they have their 2nd set of molars because at that point they can eat enough food that they don't need supplementation of their diet."  To which he replied, "That's like 10 in human years, my wife would have killed me."  I let the subject die at that point.

LO playing with the nursling chimp.

 Rhino nursing sighting!  This rhino will turn 2 in the "late fall" according to zoo employees.  Watch out for the horn!  AHHH, and I thought teeth were bad.

 Look a "tame" momma and her nursling!  This is LO and I counting the sleeping lions.

We had a great time and will be back soon.  Next time we shall visit the Australia section!

1 comment:

  1. aww, you do have a cute baby zebra! we loved that zoo last time we visited mike's family.

    ReplyDelete